Dismantling White Supremacy & Creating Collective Liberation
UUJMCA’s Racial Justice Priorities for 2021 & 2022
UUJMCA is committed to following and engaging principles & practices of black liberation and anti-racist organizing as we shape our work for racial justice. Our campaign and action priorities for 2021 & 2022 are:
- Abolition & Community-Led Safety
- Promoting education, witness, and advocacy opportunities for California UUs to deepen our understanding & engagement of abolition (including the defunding of police & prisons) with a black liberationist lens
- UU 8th Principle Community
- Connecting & supporting California UU congregations adopting and engaging the proposed 8th Principle of Unitarian Universalism
- Democracy & Voting Rights
- Connecting & supporting California UUs creating liberation and racial justice through actions that promote democracy and expanded voting rights
California UUs for Abolition & Racial Justice
Looking for ways to deepen your racial justice ministries, as an individual or with your congregation? Below are some ways UUJMCA is here to support your prophetic faith!
- Connect with Organizations/Coalitions working for Racial Justice (statewide & regional)
- Connect with UUJMCA’s Racial Justice Collective
- Join UUJMCA’s Racial Justice Statewide Action Team
- Review resources & statements from the UUA on addressing white supremacy and eradicating anti-Blackness
- Encourage your congregation or community to adopt the 8th Principle of Unitarian Universalism
UUJMCA Racial Justice & Abolition Collective
Get connected with UUs and UU-aligned justice makers in California who are working to manifest justice! UUJMCA is excited to host our new California JUUstice Collectives, where justice makers around the state can join online spaces to share updates, resources, & events, as well as ask questions of others working on similar justice issues. Find out more about the Immigrant JUUStice Collective by connecting to our Slack community and joining our monthly calls on the 4th Thursday at 5pm!
UUJMCA’s Racial Justice Action Organizing Team
We are currently looking to start up a NEW Abolition & Racial Justice Action Organizing Team, and bring together Unitarian Universalists interested in creating a liberationist platform for racial justice at the state level. If you are interested in being a part of UUJMCA’s Abolition & Racial Justice Action Organizing Team, let us know by filling out the form below!