SALT will be returning in 2020.
Applications for a new cohort (September 2020 – June 2021) will be posted soon!
Individuals interested in learning more and/or receiving updates should contact UUJMCA’s SALT Leadership Team at SALT@uujmca.org or contact the SALT Program Coordinator, Maddie Tuning, at Maddie@uujmca.org.
UUJMCA is working on strengthening our Young Adult ministry and SALT Program. Whether you are a young adult (18-35 years) or an adult ally (over 35), please take a few minutes to fill out this important survey.
The Spiritual Activists and Leaders Together (SALT) program trains, empowers, connects and releases the potential of young adult Unitarian Universalist & UU-aligned justice leaders. Through development of concrete justice and organizing skills, faith development, spiritual deepening and community building, “SALT Fellows” engage with justice history and its current leaders and movements. This nine-month, part-time, non-residential program includes occasional weekend travel for California justice journeys, retreats, theological reflection circles and support calls, activist projects, and a monthly on-line training video-conference. SALT is open to UU & UU-aligned young adults in or out of school and is also designed to be accessible to those who are working and/or with families.
- Connect with justice makers across California.
- Develop concrete faith-based leadership, fundraising, and community organizing skills.
- Deepen their connection to our UU faith and communities.
- Experience managing a group and individual justice projects.
- Discover spiritual practices that help them to stay energized and engaged for the long haul.
- Enjoy fun with young adults from across California.
- Deepen their understanding of California’s people, justice history, geography and current issues.
- Develop mutual mentoring relationships and build a network of UU friends who are advocates for justice.
Watch the 2011-12 SALT Video! SALT (Formerly “Spiritual Activist Leadership Training”) Fellow and aspiring filmmaker Michael Grohsman takes you on a 10 minute visit with the first pilot year of SALT with humor and heart. A great introduction to SALT!
Thanks for making this possible!
SALT began with the generous support of UUSC, the UU Funding Program and, in 2012, the UU College of Social Justice. We plan to bring back this offering of community building, leadership development, and spiritually-rooted justice, but we need your support. Past SALT programs were made possible because of generous contributions of individual donors through the UU Justice Ministry of California. You can ensure this program returns by making a donation to the SALT Program here. Many thanks!