Walking the Walk is the largest UU justice summit, bringing together justice-seeking UUs for a weekend of dynamic worship, workshops, practical skills, networking and community building! 2017 marks the sixth year for Walking the Walk and it has become a powerful weekend many look forward to each year.
August 12-16, 2017
The UU Justice Ministry of California is proud to present our sixth Walking the Walk Justice Summit and Camp in collaboration with UU Justice Arizona Network (UUJAZ). This year we will continue in our expanded, four-day format, allowing more time for personal reflection and recreation at Camp deBenneville in the San Bernardino mountains of Southern California. We will also continue to offer multi-generational and family activities!
Based on popular feedback from last year’s event, we will bring back the community-led networking and breakout session blocks in the afternoon. These offered a time for participants to connect around issues, challenges and opportunities that called to them and created some of the strongest connections after the event!
Of course we will have a lot of workshops geared toward building your practical justice-making skills, connecting your social justice work to our shared Unitarian Universalism and defining next steps on important issues such as immigrant justice, climate justice and economic justice!
- Looking to meet other justice leaders
- Wanting to learn about organizing and mobilizing
- Seeking to build a powerful UU justice community
- Desiring to pick up valuable skills for yourself, your congregation and community
- Searching for a place for rejuvenation through powerful worship and personal reflection
- Committed to making the world more just through action!
- Of course there will be powerful connections built, rejuvenating worship, updates on important issues and useful skill-building workshops.
If you have any difficulty with registration or if you have any questions, please contact Beverly Schmidkunz Boido at firstname.lastname@example.org