Applications for the 2020-21 session are now open!
To learn if SALT may be a good fit for you, check out our SALT 2020-21 Program Overview.
The SALT Fellowship is a 10 month, non-residential program comprised of Justice Plunges, theological reflection, activist projects, retreats, community building and spiritual deepening designed to empower UU young adults in justice making. The program focuses on training, empowering, connecting, and releasing the potential of young adult Unitarian Universalist & UU-aligned justice leaders.
While the global crisis of COVID-19 has caused us to move back our timeline and to re-imagine what this program will look like, the SALT Fellowship program will still be taking place in 2021. Applications will be open until midnight on October 31, 2020. Check back here for updates to our schedule and programming.
This year’s SALT Fellowship Program has been made possible thanks to the generous donations of individuals committed to supporting youth and young adult leadership. We are especially grateful to have received a financial gift from the Pacific Central District Board of the Unitarian Universalist Association that allows us to offer this program at no cost to its participants.
Help make this program accessible for all of our young adult justice makers and leaders.
- Connect with justice makers across California.
- Develop concrete faith-based leadership, fundraising, and community organizing skills.
- Deepen their connection to our UU faith and communities.
- Experience managing a group and individual justice projects.
- Discover spiritual practices that help them to stay energized and engaged for the long haul.
- Enjoy fun with young adults from across California.
- Deepen their understanding of California’s people, justice history, geography and current issues.
- Develop mutual mentoring relationships and build a network of UU friends who are advocates for justice.
Watch the 2011-12 SALT Video! SALT (Formerly “Spiritual Activist Leadership Training”) Fellow and aspiring filmmaker Michael Grohsman takes you on a 10 minute visit with the first pilot year of SALT with humor and heart. A great introduction to SALT!
Thanks for making this possible!
SALT began with the generous support of UUSC, the UU Funding Program and, in 2012, the UU College of Social Justice. We plan to bring back this offering of community building, leadership development, and spiritually-rooted justice, but we need your support. Past SALT programs were made possible because of generous contributions of individual donors through the UU Justice Ministry of California. You can ensure this program returns by making a donation to the SALT Program here. Many thanks!