SALT will be returning in 2020.
Updates Coming Soon!
UUJMCA is currently exploring ways to strengthen our Young Adult ministry. Whether you are a young adult or an ally, please take a few minutes to fill out this important survey. Thank You!
The Spiritual Activists and Leaders Together (SALT) program trains, empowers, connects and releases the potential of young adult UU justice leaders. Through development of concrete justice and organizing skills, faith development, spiritual deepening and community building, SALT Fellows engage with justice history and its current leaders and movements. This six month, part-time, non-residential program includes weekend travel for California justice journeys, retreats, theological reflection circles, activist projects, and a monthly mid-week on-line training video-conference. SALT is open to UU young adults in or out of school and is also designed to be accessible to those who are working.
- Connect with justice makers across California.
- Develop concrete faith-based leadership, fundraising, and community organizing skills.
- Deepen their connection to our UU faith and communities.
- Experience managing a group and individual justice projects.
- Discover spiritual practices that help them to stay energized and engaged for the long haul.
- Enjoy fun with young adults from across California.
- Deepen their understanding of California’s people, justice history, geography and current issues.
- Develop mutual mentoring relationships and build a network of UU friends who are advocates for justice.
Watch the 2011-12 SALT Video! SALT (Formerly “Spiritual Activist Leadership Training”) Fellow and aspiring filmmaker Michael Grohsman takes you on a 10 minute visit with the first pilot year of SALT with humor and heart. A great introduction to SALT!
Thanks for making this possible!
SALT began with the generous support of UUSC, the UU Funding Program and, in 2012, the UU College of Social Justice. We hope to bring back this offering of community building, leadership development, and spiritually-rooted justice, but we need your support. Past SALT programs were made possible because of generous contributions of individual donors through the UU Justice Ministry of California. You can ensure this program returns by making a donation to UUJMCA here. Many thanks!